175 g butter
175 g caster sugar
3 medium eggs
250 g self-raising flour
50 g cocoa powder
6-8 Mars bars
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 teaspoon baking powder
150 ml milk
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well.
- Add vanilla essence.
- Sift the flour, cocoa and baking powder and fold into the butter/sugar/egg mixture.
- Stir in the milk.
- Chop (quite finely) the Mars Bars and add to the mix.
- Grease/line a muffin tray and spread the batter evenly.
- Bake at Gas Mark 6/200C/400F for approximately 15 minutes.
NB. The number of Mars Bars you use will affect the amount of muffins this mixture makes, so I’ve approximated the serving figures.